Sunday, July 23, 2023

Salzburg: Day One, Part Two

Woodstock, again. This day was filled with so many activities and pictures that I had to post twice in one day. 
After our "Sound of Music," bike tour, Dr. Barr and I were hungry. We sat down at a cute cafe and shared a dessert called Mozart torte. Dr. Barr had a drink called Mozart coffee. 
But guess where we were sitting?
DIRECTLY UNDER MOZART'S APARTMENT IN SALZBURG!
This is Mozart's sister, Maria Anna. She went by the nickname, Nannerl, and was also an amazing musician.
Here is Mozart's viola. Remember, a viola is a little bit bigger than a violin, so it sounds lower.
This is a piano similar to Mozart's. You can see the Mozart family portrait on the wall. 
I wanted my picture taken with this funny Mozart statue.
After Mozart's house, Dr. Barr said we were heading out of town to learn how to make strudel with an Austrian grandma. 
I thought the breadcrumbs were for eating, but "Granny" said to sprinkle them in the dough to absorb extra moisture. 
Dr. Barr's turn!
And here are the finished strudels.
Before we left, we had to get a picture with "granny strudel." 
Our last stop of the day was an important one. Dr. Barr said the most famous statue of Mozart was close by in a place called Mozartplatz. 
Tomorrow, Dr. Barr said we are visiting a fortress! But I'm excited about learning more about Mozart. I heard we may also visit his birthplace and childhood home. Don't tell Dr. Barr, but today I think I spotted the biggest birdbath ever! I'll try to show you tomorrow.


2 comments:

  1. You really are getting to see so much about Mozart's life. Snoopy is really missing out. I guess that will teach him to be more careful. The strudel looked really good. I won't tell anyone if you snuck some breadcrumbs though. You were probably really hungry watching them make that yummy food.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great day! I remember watching a movie about Mozart and that building with his apartment was in the movie. I'm glad it was authentic. The strudel looked delicious, but the lady looked way too young to be a grandma. It looked like fun to make it, and I'll bet it was more fun to eat it. I can't wait to see the big bird bath. Get some rest for another exciting day! Have you heard from Snoopy? I'm beginning to worry that he's lost.

    ReplyDelete