Tuesday, July 25, 2023

Someone is back!

Today, it was hard to get out of bed. The weather was cold and rainy. But with a minute to spare, we made it to the train and were off to visit Brno, Czechia. 
Of course, the first thing I see is a BIRD BATH!
And this weird wall had a face sticking out of it. Our tour guide said it was to remind people of a man that once lived in the city. He was known for doing bad things and was buried in the wall of the building. We thought that was a really weird story.
The city from above.
A city street
And even though we are in a neighboring country, guess what we found? Another Mozart statue! When Mozart was a little boy, he played a concert in Brno. They have a statue of Mozart as a little boy outside the building where he performed.
When we got back to Vienna, Dr. Barr and I took a walk though a beautiful park where I got to play with some little friends. 
We then passed a chair for a Giant! 
After a few more turns we came to the entrance of St. Marx's cemetery. This is the site where Mozart was buried. Sadly, he became ill from kidney disease and died at the age of 35 
On the way back to the hotel, I landed on this statue to rest.
The good news is that Dr. Barr wanted to rest, too. We went back to the hotel and enjoyed some time in the hotel spa, and looked who joined us! Snoopy! Dr. Barr said that Snoopy apologized for wandering off and can now have his phone privileges again. He plans to post tomorrow! I bet you missed him. 
Dr. Barr said that we really don't have plans tomorrow. I think I'm going back to play with my new baby duck friends. Snoopy may have some special plans.




3 comments:

  1. It's about time Snoopy! I hope you know how much you had Dr Barr and Woodstock worried about you. Please be more careful.
    The face in the wall was really weird. I hope you didn't fly over to see. I'm glad you got to make some duck friends though. They look friendly.
    I like hearing about all the places Mozart traveled and played. It's so neat you get to see all of that. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Snoopy we were worried sick!! I’m glad you saw such amazing sights!! I never knew Mozart passed that early, he truly was generational and he had so much more to give.

    You guys earned a spa day…

    ReplyDelete
  3. Snoopy, we're all relieved that you made it back to join Dr. Barr and Woodstock! Please pay attention and stay with them so you don't get in trouble or get lost again. Woodstock, you've done a great job of writing the blog in Snoppy's place. Thanks for again for all the great pictures and for telling us interesting, and sometimes weird, stories of your adventures with Dr. Barr. I'm so glad you'll get some time to relax today! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete